Friday, May 7, 2010

Birthday blat

Today is my 33rd birthday. For the last three years I've taken the day of work for my birthday and gone for a ride - all road rides, round the Akatarawas the last couple of times. This year I made it a mountain bike ride. Instead of riding to work, I packed the bike in the van and commuted from the Hutt into Wellington, and introduced myself to Makara Peak.

I rode up Koru, Sally Ally, Missing Link and Aratihi to the top, then down North Face, Swigg and Starfish. After a break at the van for morning tea I rode up to the top the same way, and down Leaping Lizard then back up the road to the van for lunch - then a couple of laps of Koru, Swigg and Starfish to round things off before heading back to the Hutt to visit a few bike shops before picking the kids up at school. Cool day.

No comments:

Post a Comment