Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Woohoo!

After heading out yesterday and riding Snail Trail and Jungle Gym, and being quite pleased to make it round without putting a foot down or touching a tree except to stop for a dog walker, I joined a workmate for a lunchtime ride today. He suggested we ride Spoonhill/491, and I stepped up to the challenge. I haven't had the guts to try Spoonhill yet, having heard that it's a tougher trail than the others in the park that I've ridden. We ended up riding up Labyrinth, then down Spoonhill/491, the link track, a bit of the wetland, Beeline Extension and the new Westside track, then back via Jungle Scout and Jungle Gym.

I was stoked to have ridden Spoonhill/491 without stuffing it up and flying off into the trees, suffering just an accidental toppling over when getting too close behind my workmate, braking and losing my momentum - other than that, I just rode it without thinking too hard. It's rooty, rocky clay singletrack, with little dropoffs and chutes - nothing wildly dramatic, but proper mountain biking. I'm getting the hang of this stuff.

All of these tracks are on tracks.org.nz, for the curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment